The 2022 Sola 5 Conference will be hosted by Brackenhurst Baptist Church in Alberton, South Africa from 31 August to 2 September 2022. The theme of this year’s conference is “The Church Strengthened,” and will include both preaching sessions and breakout workshops led by Conrad Mbewe (Kabwata Baptist Church, Zambia), Ronald Kalifungwa (Lusaka Baptist Church, Zambia), Phil Hunt (Kitwe Church, Zambia), and Paul Schlehlein (Trinity Baptist Church, South Africa).
We begin Wednesday night at 7:00 PM with a single preaching session. Thursday and Friday will then follow the same basic pattern:
- 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM—Arrival and registration
- 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM—Session 1
- 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM—Break
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 AM—Session 2
- 12:30 AM – 1:00 PM—Break
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM—Lunch
- 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM—Free afternoon
- 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM—Dinner
- 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM—Session 3
The schedule for the teaching sessions is as follows:
Wednesday, 31 August 2022
- 7:00 PM—“Gather and Scatter: Why Sunday Church Fuels the Great Commission” by Conrad Mbewe
Thursday, 1 September 2022
- 9:00 AM—“Divided We Fall: Dangers to Church Unity in the African Church” by Ronald Kalifungwa
- 11:00 AM—Annual Business Meeting
- 7:00 PM—“So Send I Who? Why Africa Needs Selfish Churches” by Paul Schlehlein
Friday, 2 September 2022
- 9:00 AM—Joint Workshop: “Sola 5 Partnerships: Partnering for Missions and Church Planting” by Phil Hunt
- 11:00 AM—Elective Workshops
- “Awake or Woke: Observations on Racial Issues in Today’s Southern Africa” by Conrad Mbewe
- “The Lesser Magistrate: Church Guidelines for Interacting with Government” by Ronald Kalifungwa
- “From Scratch: Church Planting Methods from Beginning to End” by Paul Schlehlein
- 7:00 PM—“Brothers in Arms: Gospel Partnerships as God’s Template for Gospel Advance” by Phil Hunt
For those attending daytime sessions, there is a ZAR100 registration fee, which will go toward covering conference and catering expenses. Lunch and dinner will be provided for all daytime delegates who pay the registration fee. There is no cost for those who attend only the evening sessions.
The Johannesburg churches will also seek to provide accommodation and transport for out-of-town delegates. Registration is crucial for this purpose. We will not be able to provide accommodation or transport anyone who did not request it upon registration. If you require Sola 5-provided accommodation, you must register by 31 July. Anyone registering after this date will be required to arrange their own accommodation.
For those who prefer to book their own accommodation, here are some accommodation options very close to the church. You may find others by searching for accommodation in Alberton, but these are the closest options.
- Borisimos Guest House
- The Prince and the Pauper Guest House
- Dimension Guest House
- Snel Guest Lodge
- Akweja B&B
- Le Cozmo Guesthouse
We will provide airport collection from OR Tambo International Airport but cannot guarantee airport collection from Lanseria Airport. Airport collection can be arranged on Wednesday (31 August) during the day and transport to the airport on Saturday, 3 September. We cannot guarantee airport transportation outside of those windows.
To help us with planning and catering, please take the time to complete the registration form linked below. You can register for up to five people on one registration form. If you have any questions, direct them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.