Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I am grateful that you are taking time to read my report on how God is working in our ministry his wonders to perform.
This month—24 September—marks our eighth year of marriage and we are so grateful to the Lord for preserving us. We really desire your prayers as we envisage to do great things for the Lord as he grants us mercy.
Help from Canada
The Lord, in his providence, allowed a brother from Canada to develop an interest in our ministry in Bellville South. Sean Quin has a passion to work with youth who live in communities rife with gang violence and poverty. At the moment he is tagging along with me just to learn and to get to know our community. For the past month, Sean joined me on my weekly outreach to the community and is making some strange friends. Sean used to teach business on a degree level and is currently volunteering for another organisation where he is also presenting business studies to future farmers. Please keep us in prayer as we are looking to the Lord for guidance on how we could apply Sean’s skills to the glory of God.
It saddens me to inform you that three of the men (Play Boys) that I met with have been killed during the past month, of which the youngest was only 19 years old. One of them was shot in the face and survived, but was found dead later. Police are looking for his killers.
A bit of good news is that three of the other shooters, which include one of the most feared men in Bellville South, were caught as they were involved in an armed robbery and murder in Malmesbury. All of them were refused bail. We praise God for that!
- Pray for the salvation of the men with whom I am meeting weekly.
- Pray for my weekly outreach and for God’s protection as I reach out to gangs in the area.
- Pray about the recent shootings in our area and that God will save gang members through our gospel witness. There has been shooting every weekend for the past few months.
- Pray for the new Bible study outreach to the scheme area.
- Please pray for us as we are busy negotiating to buy an old church building.
- Pray that we as a church will live lives that are worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Thank you for taking time to read this brief report. I apologise for not always being able to add pictures.
“For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!” (1 Corinthians 9:16)
Yours in his service,
Reformed Faith Mission Community Church