Hope Bible Church is a young church plant of Emmanuel Baptist Church, pioneered by church planter Richard Raven, and it is located in Bloemfontein, South Africa. Our purpose is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. Therefore, we exist to be personal followers (disciples) of Jesus Christ and to make disciples for him of all people, regardless of their background. To this end, we long to mature in Christ, in truth and loving service. Therefore, we desire to be a gospel church where the Bible is faithfully taught and applied, so that we might not shift from the hope that we have in Jesus.
At HBC, we hold to a high view of God and a high view of his Word, because only he is the key to true life and joy—now and eternally—and this is only found in his Word.
- Christ-centred Bible Teaching—Teaching and preaching the Bible with Jesus at the centre (John 14:6).
- Disciple-making Disciples—Being and making followers of Jesus (Matthew 16:24–28; 28:18–20).
- Evangelism—Being outward looking and sharing the gospel with others (Matthew 28:19).
- Fellowship—Caring for and sharing with one another (Act 2:42–46).
- Triune, God-centred Worship—Offering our lives to worship God in all we do (Romans 12:1–2).
Let All the Peoples Praise You, O God
“Let All the Peoples Praise You, O God” is our motto, which is taken directly from Psalm 67:3. How will the people praise God if they do not know God? For this reason, the Great Commission is at the heart of our church. It is only when the multitudes come to know Christ and be saved by him that they would be able to praise God. On the other hand, it is when we see people being converted that we praise God. It is also when we live out the gospel faithfully and practicing the “one another” texts that we can praise God. God should be praised in season and out of season.
Church Name: Hope Bible Church
Country: South Africa
Region: Free State
Corner of Melville Drive and Kellner Street
Brandwag, Bloemfontein, 9301
Church Office Tel: +27 51 522 5586
Richard: +27 79 826 7872
Tsholo: +27 82 583 9417
Read church news here.