The letters C.A.R.E. stand for Calvary Avenue Revival Evangelical and reflect our passion and commitment to revive and proclaim the one and only true “Calvary Road” gospel, which we believe has come under severe attack in these days and needs to be contended (see Jude 3). Hence our commitment to the biblical doctrines of the Reformation; namely: sola Scriptura (Scripture alone), solus Christus (Christ alone), sola gratia(by grace alone), sola fide (by faith alone) and soli Deo gloria (glory to God alone).
Constituted in 2010, C.A.R.E. Church has grown and enlarged to be a fully established local church with the need to connect with other likeminded Reformed churches.
The church is passionate about the word of God and the glory of Christ. The ultimate standard is the Scripture. The ultimate purpose of the church is the glory of God and the ultimate mission of the church is the preaching of the gospel to all nations.
The church’s core values include the following:
- the historical-grammatical interpretation of Scripture, proper exegesis, and expository preaching and teaching (2 Timothy 4: 1–5);
- the importance of prayer (Ephesians 6:10–20);
- expressing the love of Christ in true Christian fellowship (Acts 2:42–47; 1 John 1:3);
- caring for the poor, starting with our local Port Elizabeth Western Suburbs District;
- implementing the two essential ordinances of the church, namely baptism by full immersion and the Lord’s Supper;
- contending for the faith by exposing and eliminating all forms of false teaching (Jude 3);
- edifying the church of our Lord Jesus Christ so that local membership may be filled and equipped to live out their witness in their own immediate spheres of influence (Romans 15:2; 1 Corinthians 14:3);
- promoting fellowship with local churches that have a similar passion for the Scripture and the glory of God;
- being faithful and obedient to the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37–39) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16–20) in the making of disciples by preaching and teaching the gospel to all nations;
- giving believers a firm foundation, by teaching sound biblical doctrine and systematic theology, from which perspective members shall be able to launch the individual ministries, to which they have been called (i.e. “for the equipping of the saints,” Ephesians 4:12); and
- the above biblical standard and core values must also begin at kindergarten level and emphasise the tender 4–14 window/age group to prepare the youth for biblically sound adolescence into adulthood. Therefore great care must be taken to provide good biblically sound Sunday school teaching material and trained and dedicated teachers.
Church Name: Calvary Avenue Revival Evangelical Church
Country: South Africa
Region: Eastern Cape
City: Port Elizabeth
39 Pollock Street
Port Elizabeth, 6025
Administrator: Tanya Prinsloo
Church Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read church news here.